[Ifeffit] Dodgy Edge Steps

Zajac, Dariusz dariusz.zajac at desy.de
Tue Apr 29 02:03:14 CDT 2008

Hi all,
I want only to add something to your discussion
first - are we talking about edge step in the linear or logarithmic
scale - ln(3)=~1, so jump ~3 can be ok - if it is in linear scale
second - for higher absorption you can expect the self-absorption
effect, which also decreases the amplitude of EXAFS oscillations. To
correct it you can try to use Menu/ Data/ Self Absorption
darek