[Ifeffit] problems with automatic update of ifeffit on Windows

Stefan Mangold stefan.mangold at iss.fzk.de
Fri Apr 18 04:06:30 CDT 2008

Hello all,

we have some start-up delays (1 min) during some start-up's  of the
programs of the ifeffit packages. The systems are Windows XP systems.
It seems, that the software can't connect to the update Server. Since
our IT-Staffs deny to help to open the respective ports in the
firewall, if I can't specify them, I search here for help. Can anybody
specify the ports (out and in), which need to be open.

Is there also an option to turn the update process off?

Thanks in advance

Stefan Mangold

--
Dr. Stefan Mangold