[Ifeffit] Inability to plot in any space other than E

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Apr 14 07:07:19 CDT 2008

On Saturday 12 April 2008 15:34:45 Andrew Connelly wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some EXAFS data at the S K-edge which all merges very nicely
> but I can't plot it under anything other than E. The other options are
> faded out along with all Fourier transform options, Rbkg etc. Is this
> a comment on the quality of the data (its not great)?! Or is it
> something else, the other plotting options work fine on other data (at
> other edges) I have.

Boopesh's answer was exactly right.  Here are some relevent pages from
the documentation:

http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/doc/Athena/html/import/columns.html#datatypesandenergyunits

http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/doc/Athena/html/ui/glist.html#informationaboutitemsinthegrouplist

When Athena notices that imported data cover a small energy range, it
assumes the data are intended to be XANES data only.  It then disables
background removal for that group in order to speed up data processing
and plotting.  You can enable normal data processing as Bhoopesh
suggested or by using the dialog described on those two document
pages.

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov