[Ifeffit] Artemis fitting using FEFF paths plusexperimentalreferences

Matthew Marcus mamarcus at lbl.gov
Tue Sep 25 12:30:05 CDT 2007

The particles are ~8nm diameter, and the distances involved are 0.3-0.34nm, so that's only a 6% effect.  Also, the
fitted Fe-Fe coordinations vary with oxidation temperature, with the biggest deficits at the lowest temps.  The particles
actually hollow more at the higher temperature, so one would expect it to go the other way.  It actually makes some sense that
there be vacancies because these particles are known to become hollow via a Kirkendall mechanism, and the structure of maghemite
shows that some vacancies are possible even in equilibrium.

Naturally, I did do XANES linear-combo fits.  I assume that's what you meant?
    mam