[Ifeffit] Artemis fitting using FEFF paths plus experimentalreferences

Matthew mamarcus at lbl.gov
Mon Sep 24 23:32:18 CDT 2007

[Ifeffit] Artemis fitting using FEFF paths plus experimentalreferencesOf course I tried PCA!  Over a certain range of temperatures, one component looks tolerably like magnetite.  The other is sort of,
but not exactly, maghemite.  However, if I go below that restricted range, it's not pseudobinary anymore.  Also, I still don't know
what the "maghemite-like" end-member actually is.  Still, for the purposes of the ALS user-meeting poster I have to hang in a week or
so, I'll probably take the PCA analysis plus a FEFF fit to the one end-member, and try to do a more thorough job when I have time.
No, it doesn't fit well to a combo of the references I have, which does include maghemite.

To be fair, what I have is not an isothermal series but an isochronal series at different temperatures, so there's less reason for
expecting simple kinetics than in an isothermal series.
    mam