[Ifeffit] Ifeffit 1.2.10

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed Sep 19 17:35:35 CDT 2007

Hi Folks,

I've just uploaded  Ifeffit 1.2.10 to the cars.uchicago.edu and
sourceforge.net sites.

I'm posting both source code (ifeffit-1.2.10.tar.gz) and a Windows installer
(ifeffit-1.2.10.exe) which includes the latest versions of Hephaestus,
Athena, and
Artemis.  Installers for Mac users shouldn't be too far behind.

For now, the downloads page at http://cars9.uchicago.edu/ifeffit/Downloads
links to both 1.2.10 and 1.2.9 versions.   It may take a day or so for
the files to
show up on all the sourceforge.net mirrors.

The new Windows Installer reflects a new build process for the
underlying library.
This took some time to work out (you may recall some emails about this over
the summer) , but we think it is working as well as any previous version.  There
are quite a few changes to Bruce's codes, all for the better.  And this version
does install and work on Windows Vista.

For the source code kit, this now uses a new install location for PGPLOT, so
if you're installing you must run PGPLOT_Install before installing
ifeffit.  Also
in this version is support for (and default use of) gfortran instead of g77.  If
you need to use a different fortran compiler from the one found by default,
you can use
  ./PGPLOT_Install --with-fortran=g77
  ./configure --with-fortran=g77
  make install

As always, let us know if there are any problems.
Cheers,