[Ifeffit] Atoms question

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Fri Sep 7 11:51:44 CDT 2007

On Friday 07 September 2007, Saraiya, Neeraj M. wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>      I am somewhat of a first time user of the Ifeffit software package
> and had a question regarding the Atoms package.  I am trying to input
> x,y,z coordinates for a crystal structure and I realized that the
> coordinates are the same for two different elements - i.e. two elements
> that can interchange with each other in the structure.  How can I
> account for the differing ratios of occupancy between the two elements?
> Thanks in advance for addressing this question.
>
> Best,
> Neeraj

Neeraj,

This is a common question, so I am taking the liberty of CCing my
answer to the mailing list.

Look at the last question ("How do I handle doped materials? Why
doesn't Atoms handle doped materials?") on this FAQ page:

  http://cars9.uchicago.edu/iffwiki/FAQ/FeffitModeling

If you still have questions after reading that, go ahead and post your
questions on the mailing list and we'll see what we can do about
answering them.

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advanced Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel
 EXAFS software: http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/