[Ifeffit] energy scale when averaging data

Matthew Ginder-Vogel mattgv at udel.edu
Fri Sep 7 09:57:14 CDT 2007

Hello Everyone,

I have a very large number of data files (>10,000) that I'm trying to
average using Ifeffit. However, I'm having trouble coming up with the energy
scale for the averaged file. The energy scale for each individual file is
very similar, but not identical, so I'm not sure if it is the best idea to
use the energy scale of a single file as the energy scale for the averaged
file.  I'm sure that I'm not the first person to deal with this problem, so
I'm interested to hear how other people deal with this problem. I'm also
sure that Bruce has already come up with a clever way of dealing with this
problem in Athena, but unfortunately loading 50 files at a time into Athena
to average is a too slow a process. So I'd rather do them 50 at a time from
the command line.

Thanks,

Matt

Matthew Ginder-Vogel