[Ifeffit] negative amplitude

Welter, Edmund edmund.welter at desy.de
Fri Nov 30 10:04:41 CST 2007

Dear Wojciech,

I presume you mean the "amp_x" value, this topic was discussed in
January 07 on this list and Scott Calvin and Kelly Shelly gave useful
hints (The subject was "is there a physical meaning to a negative S02")
It all boils down to the question what happens if you multiply sin(x)
with -1. So it seems that the model you use in your FEFF calculation is
off by a half an oscillation.

regards,
Edmund Welter