[Ifeffit] SA and issue with importing into Artemis

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Fri Nov 9 11:34:54 CST 2007

On Friday 09 November 2007 12:13:01 Richard Mayes wrote:
> Oops!  Forgot the attachments.  Sorry about that.
>
> I should also add, the file I'm trying to import into Artemis is
> "k_3.191_13.860".

Richard,

I don't think there is a problem.  Athena stores the un-k-weighted
data internally and applies the k-weight when you request a plot in k
or R space.  Similarly, Artemis imports the un-k-weighted data from
the Athena project file.  When Artemis plots the data in k or R space,
the k-weighting selected in those little radio buttons in the upper
right hand corner of the Artemis window, just beneath the label that
says "Plotting options".  If you click on the "3" button, then k^3
weighted data is plotted.

I am looking at k^3 weighted plots of your data from Athena and
Artemis as I write this.  I don't see a difference.  I suspect that
you are just being surprised by the details of how Artemis decides
what to plot.  See page 8 of this document:
   http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/talks/artemis.methyltin.pdf

Or am I not understanding your problem?

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- bravel at bnl.gov

 Building 535A, Room M7