[Ifeffit] SA and issue with importing into Artemis

Anatoly Frenkel frenkel at bnl.gov
Fri Nov 9 11:26:33 CST 2007

Richard,

I tried with Athena v50 and Artemis v007 and it worked (the data were
ported correctly). I do not think it is version dependent.

The data that you save in Athena are ported to Artemis with 0
k-weighting, so you have to manually set your k-weighting in artemis if
you want to match the same k-weighting that you liked in athena. As you
know, there is k-weighting for FT and k-weigthting for plotting data in
k-space, which have nothing to do with each other.

Note that the vertical axis in the bottom figure of your PDF file has
unit of A^-3 which means it was indeed k2-weighting in FT in Artemis.
You just have to make it k3 weighting in FT and it will give you the
same plot as the top figure (and the unit will be A^-4).

Anatoly