[Ifeffit] Self absorption questions

Anatoly Frenkel frenkel at bnl.gov
Wed Nov 7 19:56:54 CST 2007

Matthew:

It is a beautiful summary. Thanks for putting it together.

Here is another reference, for your collection:

A. Ryazhkin, Y. Babanov, M. Takafumi
"Thickness inhomogeneity and fluorescence effects in EXAFS spectroscopy
for powder samples: solution of the inverse problem".
J. Synchrotron Rad. (2001), 8, 291-293.

as well as the earlier one:

D. L. Brewe, D. M. Pease, J. I. Budnick,
"Corrections of residual fluorescence distortions for a
glancing-emergence-angle x-ray-absorption technique "
Phys. Rev. B 50, 9025-9030 (1994).

and the later one:

A. I. Frenkel, D. M. Pease, J. I. Budnick, P. Shanthakumar, T. Huang
Application of Glancing Emergent Angle Flourescence for Polarized XAFS
Studies of Single Crystals
J. Synchrotron Rad. 14, 272-275 (2007)

Anatoly