[Ifeffit] Linear combination fitting

Jens Kruse jens.kruse at uni-rostock.de
Tue Nov 6 10:33:16 CST 2007

Hi,

I have a general basic question about linear combination fitting (LCF)
with Athena.
I have XANES spectra from two different mixtures. Both were mixed from
two reference compounds in a 1:3 ratio. In one mixture the ratio is
based on the weight of both reference compounds and in the other the
ratio is based on the concentration of the element of interest (the
concentrations in the reference compounds are not equal).
If I am doing LCF on these spectra, which spectra would yield to  the
expected weighting parameters 0.25 and 0.75? What actually represent a
normalized spectrum?  Is a normalized spectrum a spectrum what one atom
of interest would produce ?

thanks a lot,

jens