[Ifeffit] How to generate the input information for Atom

Kelly, Shelly D. SKelly at anl.gov
Tue Nov 6 08:53:29 CST 2007

Hi Fenglong,

You can do the next part of the analysis in Artemis.  I have a powerpoint tutorial showing the different parts of Artemis on the xafs.org wiki.
http://www.xafs.org/Tutorials
It is called Basics_of_XAFS_analysis.pdf  It is a bit dated now, but the main points are all the same.

I recommend Matt's tutorials on that page.

Bruce has documentation for Artemis at http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/docs.html

And Matt has a data base of crystal structure input files that are already in the correct format for Artemis at
http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~newville/adb/

Artemis comes with several working examples that you can find in the distribution package.

These links should get you going.
Cheers,
Shelly