[Ifeffit] Using FEFF8 with Artemis

Jeff Terry terryj at iit.edu
Sat May 26 10:08:58 CDT 2007

I am surprised that this is a problem with the Mac files. All of the
command line feff8 builds for Mac OS X that  I have seen, output with
the standard Unix file \n linefeeds that I believe ifeffit expects.

Scott, are you using one of the older Classic versions of feff8, I am
surprised that anything compiled with gcc would output the old Mac
style linefeeds?

Although, I agree with Matt that all the file formats should work
without cleaning. I recently reanalyzed some older data that I had
and used the tr program (translate) that Paul suggested to convert
the old feff calculations to unix linefeeds.

Jeff