[Ifeffit] Using FEFF8 with Artemis

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Thu May 24 13:11:54 CDT 2007

On Thursday 24 May 2007, Scott Calvin wrote:
> After opening Artemis, I choose "New Feff input template," and then
> "Import feff.inp." I choose the feff.inp file from the folder where I
> ran Feff. I ask for just the first path, and I get an error (this
> one's taken from the pc):

Hey Scott,

I see the same problem using the two files you sent.  My best guess
for the source of the problem is that Artemis is not finding the
"files.dat" and "paths.data" (or possibly "path00.dat") files in the
same place as the "feff.inp" and "feffNNNN.dat" files.  Artemis needs
those files to build the interpretation page and does not handle their
absence gracefully.

It is my intention that Artemis work with a Feff8 calculation and I
believe that people do so.  I am suspicious that this is as much a
documentation bug as a programming bug.

If you think this is not the problem, then I'll need you to zip up the
entire directory containing the feff calculation and send the zip file
to me.

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advanced Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel