[Ifeffit] Plotting problem

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Wed May 23 09:21:00 CDT 2007

On Wednesday 23 May 2007, Clement Mbudi wrote:
> Can somebody tell how to get rid of the " all marked groups" default title
> when plotting several groups together within Athena environment.
>
> The " change group label" seems to only work for a single group.
>
> Similarly, how to change titles of both Y and X axes  within Athena ?

As we have discussed recently, Athena and Ifeffit are XAS programs
with some visualization tools.  Those visualization tools were never
intended as publication quality plotting tools.  Consequently there
are lots of parts of the plot over which Athena does not offer any
control.  For example, there is no way (aside from the zooming tool, I
suppose) to set the plotting range on the y axis.  Similarly, the
title and axis labels are generated automatically.

My stock answer for Athena users is to export the data to a proper
plotting program when writing an article or preparing a poster.

I could be persuaded to create controls for all the things that don't
have controls, but I am sceptical that it would add much value to the
program as long as we are working with pgplot.  If reading "all marked
groups" over and over again -- or any other part of Athena -- is
really bugging you, make a suggestion for how you think Athena should
work and I'll consider implementing it.

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advanced Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel