[Ifeffit] white line intensity v. edge position in determining oxidation state of Re

Edward L. Kunkes kunkes at wisc.edu
Thu May 17 10:28:44 CDT 2007

Hi everyone,

 I am trying to determine the oxidation state of Re in PtRe nanoparticles catalysts supported on carbon.
The ReLIII edge was measured before and after an in-situ reduction in hydrogen.
Can anyone suggest Which characteristic of the edge is more related to oxidation state ? Is it the
integrated white-line intensity or the position of the edge(point of maximum derivative). The edge
position of the ReLIII edge of my particles is the same as that of Re foil, however the
white line instensity is significanty higher. For the non-reduced PtRe particles, the edge position is
similar to that of ReO2 (with a larger white line intensity).

 Also, does anyone have any Data on Re-foil, HReO4 and ReO2 so that i can compare it to the data
i measured for my standards ?

 Thank you very much for your help

-Edward Kunkes