[Ifeffit] How to select important MS paths in wurtzite?

Mauro Rovezzi rovezzi at esrf.fr
Wed May 16 02:10:05 CDT 2007

OK guys thanks to you all for the answers.

The scope of my question was mostly to add some knowledge-base on these
"selection criteria" and have a survey on your preferred rules of thumb.
In my case I also use the amplitude and the ss+collinear+triangle
approaches. I also agree with Bruce that Artemis has a great
visualization tool for selecting/understanding paths contributions.

To answer to Scott question:

Scott Calvin wrote:
> I don't have an answer to your question, but I will ask another that
> I've often wondered about: why do you prefer keeping the number of
> multiple scattering paths small? Do you actually have enough free
> parameters and a stable enough fit so that you're assigning
> individual sigma2's to each path, including the multiple-scattering
> paths? If so, I understand. But if not, what's the benefit to keeping
> the number of paths artificially small?

I prefer to keep paths number small because moving from model compounds
to unknown samples, theoretical models will sum up and consequently the
respective number of paths/parameters will increase enormously.

M.

--
Mauro Rovezzi <rovezzi at esrf.fr>
PhD student - GILDA BM08 c/o ESRF (Grenoble, FR)