[Ifeffit] care and feeding of Athena

Scott Calvin SCalvin at slc.edu
Wed May 9 09:15:59 CDT 2007

Hi Bruce,

The explanation is eminently reasonable, and so is the workaround
(use more than one project). If it's not difficult to code, though,
I'd suggest modifying Athena so that it won't allow you to try to
import more than, say, 50 groups. That would transform this from a
bug into a limitation of the program. All programs have limitations,
of course, but those don't lead to analysis errors. As it stands, an
unwary user could publish results based in part on screwy data.

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College