[Ifeffit] 2007 NSLS XAFS workshop: save the date

Scott Calvin SCalvin at slc.edu
Wed May 9 09:22:14 CDT 2007

Hi Matthew,

Heh. Although this doesn't help you, I figure I'll take this
opportunity to give a brief plug for my own project.

I am in the beginning stages of developing a textbook "at the
undergraduate level" on EXAFS analysis (primarily; I plan chapters on
XANES, sample preparation, etc. as well). "At the undergraduate
level" is in quotes because it's really not what I envision as the
primary audience. Instead, it's for more or less the audience that
takes the short courses: people who want to add EXAFS as a
characterization technique in their arsenal, understand what they
read about it in the literature better, and the like. In those cases,
I don't think people need to know the ins and outs of Green's
functions, for instance.

Unfortunately, it won't be done for several years. :(

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College