[Ifeffit] Ifeffit on Windows Vista

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Tue Mar 6 08:56:45 CST 2007

On Monday 05 March 2007 12:28, Francesc Sepulcre wrote:
> Dear Bruce,
>
> Is just to know if is possible to install ifeffit (Artemis, Athena,...) on
> Windows Vista. If yes, please, let me know how to do this, because I’m
> trying to install version 1.2.9 but doesn’t works.
>
> Please, excuse me if this is not the correct way to ask about this problem.

Hi Francesc,

I am forwarding my response to the Ifeffit mailing list (which is the
best forum for questions of this sort.)  To join, go to:

I am not in a position to comment.  I don't have a Vista machine of my
own.  Nor does Matt, as far as I know.  So we certainly have not yet
tested the software on Vista.

Is anyone on the list using Vista yet?  Any hints for Francesc about
getting the installer to work?

Francesc, perhaps if you could give us some more information about how
it fails -- screenshots, transcriptions of error messages, something
that gives a clue as to what the problem is -- someone may be able to
make a useful suggestion.

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advanced Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel