[Ifeffit] How to make a hole on feff.inp file

Scott Calvin SCalvin at slc.edu
Thu Jun 7 05:35:56 CDT 2007

Hi Joji,

Very simple--rather than putting hydrogen in the vacancy, just delete
the line altogether.

Note that you can also simulate a small fraction of vacancies by
reducing the amplitude (i.e. coordination number) for appropriate
paths. For a large fraction of vacancies, that starts to throw off
the feff calculation, though, and removing the lines in the feff.inp
file makes sense.

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrewnce College