[Ifeffit] Deconvolution of XANES spectra

Gerald Seidler seidler at phys.washington.edu
Sun Jun 3 12:08:18 CDT 2007

Dear Jakob,

Attached you will find my student's recent paper on deconvolution of
XANES and EXAFS using iterative maximum-likelihood algorithms (TT Fister
et al, Phys Rev B vol75, artNo.174106 ).  Our software is available
through EPAPS, but it is in Mathematica, which I realize isn't most
convenient for many users.

We will have matlab/scilab versions ready by the end of the summer which
will include both the Richardson-Lucy (ratio) method from our paper and
also the deCittert (linear) method previously used with good success by
Babanov.  The matlab/scilab package will come with a GUI so that it
should be easy to use, even for experimenters with no knowledge of those
programming environments.  After that, we'll start working on making a
stand-alone executable... but note that scilab is free (it is the
shareware copy of matlab).

Let me know if you'd like to talk about your particular application.  We
have a pretty good idea about the likely performance of our approach for
different spectra, and I would be happy to run some test deconvolutions
for you.

Cheers,

Jerry
Gerald T. Seidler