[Ifeffit] Debye Waller factors for Water Molecules

Frenkel, Anatoly frenkel at bnl.gov
Fri Jul 27 20:43:39 CDT 2007

Paul and Shelly,

I do not think Einstein temperature for Zn-S bond should be recycled as the Einstein temperature for a Zn-O bond. To my opinion, the best approximation for Zn-O Einstein temperature would be to look up for EXAFS data on Zn2+ complexes in aqueous solution, assume that what they publish for sigma2 is dominated by thermal disorder, and calculate Einstein temperature for Zn-O from the published value of sigma2. Then, extrapolate the sigma2 to low temperature by an Einstein model. That would probably give a lower bound of the total disorder in Zn-O that you expect for this bond in your complex, since some static disorder may be present as well.

Anatoly