[Ifeffit] Basic question in XANES calculation

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Fri Jul 27 15:03:39 CDT 2007

Hi Joji,

Artemis isn't really the right tool for XANES analysis.  The path
expansion is reliable in the near edge only in rare situations.  To do
xanes simulations, you should consider getting a coipy of feff8 and
using it's full multiple scattering and self-consistent field
capabilities.  You will almost certainly be happier not using artemis
to edit the feff8 input files and run feff8.

--

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advanced Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel
 EXAFS software: http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/