[Ifeffit] Athena 0.8.053, Artemis 0.8.010, Hephaestus 0.16

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Sat Jul 21 20:59:18 CDT 2007

The Debian packages for etch are in my repository

deb http://debian-xray.iit.edu etch main contrib non-free

packages for unstable are in the Debian repository (probably tomorrow).

I have also built packages for Ubuntu

deb http://debian-xray.iit.edu edgy main contrib non-free
deb http://debian-xray.iit.edu feisty main contrib non-free

Please let me know of any problems.

Carlo

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007, Bruce Ravel wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Just in time for the APS XAFS summer school, I am pleased (and
> relieved!) to release the latest source code for my XAS analysis
> programs Athena, Artemis, and Hephaestus.  Here is a discussion of the
> new features:
>  http://cars9.uchicago.edu/iffwiki/HoraeVersion065
>
> Tarballs with the new source code can be found at my web site and at
> SourceForge.
>
> Matt and I are very close to having a new installer package for
> Windows.  We will make an announcement when it hits SourceForge and
> the Ifeffit website.  Hopefully packages for Mac/Motorola, Mac/Intel,
> and debian will be available soon.
>

> This release features LOTS of fixed bugs and user interface
> improvements to all three programs.  The biggest new feature in Athena
> is the project selection dialog, which is described here:
>

> http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/doc/Athena/html/import/projsel.html
>
> Hephaestus sports an interesting new tool for helping you select the
> correct fluorescence filter:
>

> http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/doc/Athena/html/hephaestus.html#periodictableofabsorptiondata
>
> As always, let me know about any comments, suggestions, observations,
> or bug reports you might have.  Thanks to everyone who helped with
> this release.
>
> Regards,

Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Illinois Institute of Technology
Voice: 312.567.3498            Fax: 312.567.3494
segre at iit.edu    http://www.iit.edu/~segre    segre at debian.org