[Ifeffit] Athena 0.8.053, Artemis 0.8.010, Hephaestus 0.16

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Sat Jul 21 16:49:45 CDT 2007

Hi folks,

Just in time for the APS XAFS summer school, I am pleased (and
relieved!) to release the latest source code for my XAS analysis
programs Athena, Artemis, and Hephaestus.  Here is a discussion of the
new features:
  http://cars9.uchicago.edu/iffwiki/HoraeVersion065

Tarballs with the new source code can be found at my web site and at
SourceForge.

Matt and I are very close to having a new installer package for
Windows.  We will make an announcement when it hits SourceForge and
the Ifeffit website.  Hopefully packages for Mac/Motorola, Mac/Intel,
and debian will be available soon.

This release features LOTS of fixed bugs and user interface
improvements to all three programs.  The biggest new feature in Athena
is the project selection dialog, which is described here:

http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/doc/Athena/html/import/projsel.html

Hephaestus sports an interesting new tool for helping you select the
correct fluorescence filter:

http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/doc/Athena/html/hephaestus.html#periodictableofabsorptiondata

As always, let me know about any comments, suggestions, observations,
or bug reports you might have.  Thanks to everyone who helped with
this release.

Regards,

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advanced Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel