[Ifeffit] Mac intel OSX - Feff6 whereabouts

paul fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Mon Jul 16 15:09:25 CDT 2007

   I can't say I have had this problem with either of my Intel Macs,
but I do know a solution that seems to have worked for others... that
is to delete the preferences file for artemis which is located in
your home directory under ".horae" and is named "artemisrc".  Note
that the "." (dot) in the directory name.  This causes the finder and
the default unix file listing "ls" command to not output the name as
such preference files are considered "noise".  To delete the
preference file you should run the command "rm ~/.horae/artemisrc".
This hopefully will help things...
				Paul
On Jul 16, 2007, at 2:46 AM, Katy Evans wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Apologies if this question has a very simple answer but I can't
> work it out.  I installed the iXAFS package onto my new Mac (OSX
> 10.4.8) and almost everything works very well and it is very
> pleasant to use so thankyou.
>
> BUT Feff6 won't run.
>
> I can fit to existing Feff calculations but I can't make new ones,
> from .inp files that used to work on my other computer, or from
> quick first shell calculations.
>
> The message from Artemis starts 'This error is probably due to
> having Artemis configured incorrectly and so it does not know how
> to run Feff on your computer...' and goes on to say that I should
> check the value of the Feff executable in Preferences, and set it
> to Feff6.  So I checked it and it was indeed Feff6.
>
> I looked for Feff6 on my computer and could only find a Feff6.atp
> file in the Perl directory (/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-
> multi-2level/Xray/atp) - should there be anything else?  I tried
> typing this address into the box for the Feff executable option but
> this didn't help.
>
> I tried to remove everything and reinstall from the disk image but
> I am not sure if that was successful since I still only got the
> option to 'upgrade'  when I clicked on the installer package.
> Where are all the things I need to remove if I want to get rid of
> the old version?
>
> Thankyou, Katy
>

> Katy Evans					     	Dept. App. Geol.
> k.evans at curtin.edu.au			Curtin University
> Tel:  0061 8 9266 4682			Bentley
> Fax: 0061 8 9266 3153 			GPO Box U 1987, WA6845

Paul Fons
Team Leader
Nano-Optics Research Team
paul-fons at aist.go.jp

Center for Applied Near-Field Optics
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Technology
Tsukuba Central 4, Higashi 1-1-1
Tsukuba, Ibaraki Japan 305-8562

tel. +81-298-61-5635
fax. +81-298-61-2939

The following lines are in a Japanese font
〒305-8562 茨城県つくば市つくば中央東 1-1-1
産業技術総合研究所
近接場光応用工学研究センター
近接場光基礎研究チーム チーム長