[Ifeffit] Mac intel OSX - Feff6 whereabouts

Katy Evans k.evans at curtin.edu.au
Mon Jul 16 01:46:59 CDT 2007

Hi,

Apologies if this question has a very simple answer but I can't work
it out.  I installed the iXAFS package onto my new Mac (OSX 10.4.8)
and almost everything works very well and it is very pleasant to use
so thankyou.

BUT Feff6 won't run.

I can fit to existing Feff calculations but I can't make new ones,
from .inp files that used to work on my other computer, or from quick
first shell calculations.

The message from Artemis starts 'This error is probably due to having
Artemis configured incorrectly and so it does not know how to run
Feff on your computer...' and goes on to say that I should check the
value of the Feff executable in Preferences, and set it to Feff6.  So
I checked it and it was indeed Feff6.

I looked for Feff6 on my computer and could only find a Feff6.atp
file in the Perl directory (/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-
multi-2level/Xray/atp) - should there be anything else?  I tried
typing this address into the box for the Feff executable option but
this didn't help.

I tried to remove everything and reinstall from the disk image but I
am not sure if that was successful since I still only got the option
to 'upgrade'  when I clicked on the installer package.  Where are all
the things I need to remove if I want to get rid of the old version?

Thankyou, Katy

Katy Evans					     	Dept. App. Geol.
k.evans at curtin.edu.au			Curtin University
Tel:  0061 8 9266 4682			Bentley
Fax: 0061 8 9266 3153 			GPO Box U 1987, WA6845