[Ifeffit] opening SSRL data with Athena

Tsu-Chien Weng tsuchien.weng at esrf.fr
Wed Jan 17 02:57:05 CST 2007

Hi, Bruce,

I have written codes in MATLAB to convert ASCII data into SSRL's binary data in
order to use EXAFSPAK.  The binary format is guessed by dumping the data.  Maybe
someone can use it as a start and come up with a plugin for Athena.

Bruce Ravel wrote:

 > Question 3 at this FAQ page:
 >   http://cars9.uchicago.edu/iffwiki/FAQ/HoraeQuestions
 > explains in some detail what kind of data Athena is able to read.
 > Obviously SSRL's binary format cannot be imported without the use of a
 > plugin.
 >
 > It would be possible, in principle, to write a plugin that is capable
 > of reading the SSRL binary format.  However, to my knowledge (which
 > certainly may be faulty) the technical details of the SSRL format are
 > not published any place where I can find them.  That's something of an
 > impediment. ;-)
 >
 > It would most certainly help to convert to an ascii format.  Not
 > having worked at SSRL since my grad school days, I don't really know
 > how to do so.  Your beamline scientist should be able to help you with
 > that.  Perhaps someone on the list will know the details.

Tsu-Chien WENG
European Synchrotron Radiation Facility
6, rue Jules Horowitz, EXPH Sect-26
38043 Grenoble, FRANCE