[Ifeffit] Projekt with the "flatten-problem"

Barton, David (DG) DGBarton at dow.com
Thu Jan 11 10:48:38 CST 2007

Jens,

It appears to me that the E-shift is causing the problems with the step in the pre-edge data. Shelly's data only appears to remove the step because the pre-edge and the extrapolated post-edge plots are nearly parallel. If you adjust the Normalization range in Shelly's data you will see the step appear again.

However, if you set the E-shift to zero and reset Eo, pre-edge range, and normalization range (to your liking) you will see that the step is goes away.  So the work around would be to subtract the E-shift from your Raw data, then import into Athena and do not use any E-shift.

Bruce or Matt may have to comment, but it appears to me that the normalization/flatten routine may not be dealing with the E-shift appropriately.

Dave