[Ifeffit] Re: Independent data poins in Artemis

Kropf, Arthur Jeremy kropf at cmt.anl.gov
Thu Jan 4 14:20:31 CST 2007

Rigorously speaking, a single point is not a delta function.  To have a
delta function, only one point has a non-zero value, all other points
are zero.  If you have only one data point and you assume all other
points are zero, you are adding information not contained in your data.

Jeremy Kropf

Chemical Engineering Division
Argonne National Laboratory
Argonne, IL 60439