[Ifeffit] E0 for bulk crystals and nanoparticles

Scott Calvin SCalvin at slc.edu
Sun Feb 25 21:20:40 CST 2007

Hi again,

Hmm...Anatoly makes good points here. But I'd say that most of those
kinds of things should give changes in XANES. If you don't see
changes in XANES as you change the temperature, I'd still feel pretty
comfortable constraining the E0 to be the same for all temperatures
between 10 and 300 K. And that lets you decouple E0 from lattice
expansion and the third cumulant, which was your goal.

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College