[Ifeffit] Ubuntu binary package problem

M. Rovezzi rovezzi at esrf.fr
Sun Feb 25 03:08:18 CST 2007

Bruce, Carlo,

Thank you very much for the answers. Problem solved! I will just add some
comments:

Quoting Carlo:
> Quoting Bruce:
> >
> > Go to 'src/lib/consts.h' and change several parameters to smaller
> > values.  Some suggestions:
> >
> >    mdata = 8
> >    maxsca = 16384
> >    mconst = 16384
> >    maxarr = 4096
> >    mpaths = 512
> >    mfffil = 512

Perfect, I've compiled Ifeffit by hand and now is working fine with memory
limitations! I was just testing some scripts on an old machine and I wanted
to add some ifeffit functions...

> 1. I can make an ifeffit-lite package and add that to the repository.

I agree with you that is *not necessary* to create (and maintain!) an
ifeffit-lite binary package. In fact, this kind of questions are from my
point of view the possibility to understand a little more on the ifeffit code.

> 2. You can "roll your own" package.

I can find many Howtos on the creation of Debian packages, so please don't
waste your time in rewriting these instructions.

Have a nice day!
Mauro

--
Mauro Rovezzi <mauro.rovezzi at esrf.fr>
PhD Student - GILDA BM08 at ESRF (Grenoble, FR)