[Ifeffit] Ubuntu binary package problem

M. Rovezzi rovezzi at esrf.fr
Sat Feb 24 16:45:21 CST 2007

Dear all,

I'm sending to the list a question mainly directed to Carlo, anyway. I've
installed the ifeffit/horae packages on a Ubuntu 6.10 "Edgy Eft"
distribution from Carlo repositories. Here the problems:

mauro at stalker3:~$ ifeffit
Killed
mauro at stalker3:~$ athena
Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/auto/Ifeffit/Ifeffit.so' for module Ifeffit:
/usr/lib/perl5/auto/Ifeffit/Ifeffit.so: cannot map zero-fill pages: Cannot
allocate memory at /usr/lib/perl/5.8/DynaLoader.pm line 225.
 at /usr/bin/athena line 66
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/athena line 66.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/athena line 70.
mauro at stalker3:~$ artemis
Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/auto/Ifeffit/Ifeffit.so' for module Ifeffit:
/usr/lib/perl5/auto/Ifeffit/Ifeffit.so: cannot map zero-fill pages: Cannot
allocate memory at /usr/lib/perl/5.8/DynaLoader.pm line 225.
 at /usr/bin/artemis line 52
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/artemis line 52.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/artemis line 56.

It seems related to memory allocation and I have to say that I'm having
these problems only on low memory machines (192 Mb of RAM). Anyway I don't
understand why Ifeffit is killing itself and how to obtain more information
on what is happening with the libraries... well, I wait for your
interesting answers.

Mauro

--
Mauro Rovezzi <mauro.rovezzi at esrf.fr>
PhD Student - GILDA BM08 at ESRF (Grenoble, FR)