[Ifeffit] question about Eo and simultaneous fitting

Scott Calvin SCalvin at slc.edu
Wed Feb 14 07:51:36 CST 2007

Hi Tony,

A quick answer before I try to fight my way through an ice storm to
get to work. :)

Fitting the three spectra simultaneously makes sense, but if
oxidation state is expected to be different, then you really need
different E0's.

As far as doping, it depends on the details. In some cases, it may
require a different E0's, in others, not. Of course, you can try it
both ways, and see what the fits think.

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College