[Ifeffit] ERROR in getting feff8 input file for YBCO from Webatoms

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri Feb 2 11:42:32 CST 2007

Hi Feng,

Sorry for the trouble.   I'm not sure where the problem is.  I can get
files from the Atoms archive from home (ie, outside the Argonne
network), and I don't see any recent errors in the logs, suggesting
that both the server connections and the access through the Argonne
and APS firewalls are working.    Could it be that the trouble is at
your end?

Perhaps we can troubleshoot this a little better. Does the 'search for
Atoms.inp' page
     http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~newville/adb/search.html
appear for you?  Is it responsive?

Can you select a central atoms, a structure, and then hit 'Run Webatoms'?

Can you browse to http://cars9.uchicago.edu/atomsdb/ and see a large
number of atoms.inp files? Can you select and download some of these
files?

Hope that helps,