[Ifeffit] (no subject)

Scott Calvin SCalvin at slc.edu
Wed Dec 26 19:18:51 CST 2007

Hi Luanga,

Artemis/Ifeffit allow both the third and fourth cumulants to be
fitting parameters. Assigning a guess parameter to the third cumulant,
particularly for near neighbor paths, can sometimes be quite useful. A
fit that requires cumulants beyond the fourth is usually so disordered
that a cumulant expansion isn't the best strategy anyway.

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College