[Ifeffit] error while running FEFF6l through SixPack

Susan Amrose susan.amrose at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 14:08:58 CST 2007

I'm a new user trying to use FEFF6l through the "Make FEFF SS Paths" module
in SixPack. I downloaded iffefit-1.2.10.exe and installed  everything to
default locations (which puts a copy of feff6l.exe inside the fefftemp
folder of Sixpack, where I am told it needs to be).

I open the "Make FEFF SS Paths" module, enter scattering information and go
to run FEFF. I select FEFF6/7 and enter "feff6l" next to FEFF Command
(without quotes). I hit Run FEFF - then I get an error:
-----
Error: 3
IOError Exception in Tk callback
  Function: <method PT.runfeff of PT instance at 00A2503C> (type: <type
'instance method'>)
  Args: ()
Traceback (innermost last):
  File " Pmw.pyc", line 1772, in __call__
    None
  File "<string>", line 308, in runfeff
    None
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'feff0001.dat'
<http://cars9.uchicago.edu/%7Eifeffit/src/ifeffit-1.2.10.exe>
-----

 I'm running Windows XP through Parallels on an Intel Mac (running Leopard).
Other modules of SixPack are running fine. I tried updating SixPack from
the  SixPack website (as was suggested in the ifeffit install
documentation). Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!!
   Susan