[Ifeffit] Is there a Artemis User's Guide like the Athena?

Anatoly Frenkel frenkel at bnl.gov
Fri Dec 14 10:17:02 CST 2007

What would be really useful is to make a searchable database with links
to original publications (many of them are more than 20 years old but
are still the best resources on many issues) on many subjects discussed
in this list.

For example:

Number of independent data points: see Stern and Heald arcticle in
Handbook on Synchrotron Radiation, Ed Stern PRB article, etc.

Thickness effects: Kim and Stern PRB

Cumulants: G. Bunker, Nucl. Instrum. Methods in 1980s

Background removal: Newville, Livins, PRB etc.

Multiple scattering collinear paths and angular dependence of f(k): Lee
and Pendry PRB (1975?)

Transferability of photoelectron phase: Citrin, Kincaid, et al, Phys Rev
B, 1970s

(I may be wrong in the years and order of authors, but this this the
idea).

It would be so useful if someone (I cannot do it but will be happy to
help) took care of putting together a backbone version of it and set it
up as, say, wiki (which is  Bruce's idea as I once brought it up to
him). I am sure most of us will be happy to contribute references that
we know. Thus, such database may become an exhaustive resource of
information that should be a primer for every XAFS user.

Anatoly