[Ifeffit] iXAFS 2 beta 1 released

Jeff Terry terryj at iit.edu
Thu Dec 6 23:15:53 CST 2007

Hi All,

iXAFS version 2 for Mac OS X 10.4 and above has been released as a
beta version. We have tested this version on ppc and intel macs
running OS X 10.4 and 10.5.

You must have Apple's version of X11 installed in order to use iXAFS.

Ken McIvor put in yeoman's work to build the full ifeffit, horea suite
as a universal binary. He packaged it as a single drag and drop
installation within iXAFS.

Ken wanted to post this message but had an illness in the family.
Hopefully, we can all thank Ken for his work to get this built in a
manner that should work on all modern Macs.

A link to download this version of iXAFS can be found at the MRCAT
website:

http://mrcat.iit.edu

We forgot to put in the documentation that the iXAFS shell allows you
to run any of the programs from the command line ifeffit, feff6, etc.

Jeff