[Ifeffit] Can't change values in Athena and Artemis on Ubuntu(Feisty)

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Thu Aug 30 12:12:45 CDT 2007

On Wednesday 29 August 2007, Jun Lin wrote:
> I install Athena and Artemis from your compiled deb package for feisty.
> When I try to change values in Athena and Artemis, it doesn't work.
> The only way change the value is click on the plot canvas.
> I have tried to execute program as root user, but it also doesn't work.

Hi,

I have never seen this behavior, so I don't have any good ideas about
what is going on.  Let me ask a few questions ....

Could the problem be that you have pressed the num lock or scroll lock
button on the keyboard?  Have you tried to install my codes from
source rather than from the deb package?  Are there any messages
written to the screen when you start the programs from the command
line?

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advanced Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel