[Ifeffit] Ifeffit and gfortran (was: iffefit compile on BlueWhite64)

Jeff Terry terryj at iit.edu
Thu Aug 23 08:13:21 CDT 2007

Hi All,

We have been building IFEFFIT 1.2.9 using Matt's configure script.
Maybe misc_rand.f is depr

Here's what I did to build things.  I have no idea if the resulting
binaries/libraries work correctly, although there were no obvious
problems when running the tests included in the sources.

$ export IFEFF="/Users/kmcivor/Projects/ifeffit"
$ env F77=gfortran CFLAGS="-O2 -arch i386 -arch ppc" \
     LDFLAGS="-L${IFEFF}/build/lib" \
     CXXFLAGS="-O2 -arch i386 -arch ppc" \
     FLIBS="-L/usr/local/lib -lgfortran" \
     FFLAGS="-O2 -arch i386 -arch ppc  -fno-range-check" \
     ./configure --prefix=${IFEFF}/build --disable-dependency-tracking \
     --with-termcap-link=-ltermcap --with-arraysize=huge \
     --with-pgplot=${IFEFF}/build/lib --with-pgplot-link=-lpgplot

We haven't fully tested this version, yet.

Jeff