[Ifeffit] Ifeffit Digest, Vol 54, Issue 15

joshua jason kas hebhop at u.washington.edu
Wed Aug 22 14:33:53 CDT 2007

Hi Eckhard,
Add the following card to your feff.inp file.

FOLP 2 0.8

Our default overlap is not so good for hydrogen, and 0.8 is the
recommended value given in the documentation. There is some instability in
the calculation of the densities near the nucleus, which in hydrogen,
turns out to be comparable to the total density, and gives negative
densities. I don't know why folp 0.8 helps, but it does.
Cheers,
Josh