[Ifeffit] Feff for > 175 atoms

s440697 at stud.uni-goettingen.de s440697 at stud.uni-goettingen.de
Mon Aug 20 09:02:58 CDT 2007

Hello Bruce,

thanks for your fast answer. Excuse me, for the stupid question. But i
can't find the packed (linux)source-code for feff with slew of
directories. I only found one single file, the feff84.f or the
feff84.tar.gz or the feff84.zip (which contains only the feff84.f file) on
the feff-distribution webpage.
(http://leonardo.phys.washington.edu/feff/Secure-area/Bin-Source-feff8/Source/Source.html)

Thanks for your help.
Eckhard

> Eckhard,
>
> This is not a version problem, per se.  The issue is how the various
> constants are set when Feff is compiled.  When you unpack the source
> code for feff, you will see a whole slew of directories.  One of them
> is called "HEADERS/".  In that directory is a file called "dim.h".
> Near the top of that file, you will find a constant called "nclusx".
> In the source tarball, this parameter is set to 175, but you can
> change it and recompile.
>
> Once you change that value to 300 (or whatever) and recompile Feff,
> you should be able to run your problem on your linux machine.  I
> suspect (but do not know for sure) that the only difference between
> the windows feff84_300.exe and the normal feff84.exe is the size of
> the nclusx parameter.
>
> HTH,

Eckhard Bosman
e.bosman at stud.uni-goettingen.de