[Ifeffit] New version does not run under Win2000?

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Wed Aug 15 16:11:21 CDT 2007

On Wednesday 15 August 2007, Joji Kuniya wrote:
> Hi Bruce
>
>       Good morning. I tried to install your new version of Ifeffit on to my
> Win2000 PC, because
>
>       I am using Win2000 at my office. But, I can not install it. Does the
> new version run only under Win XP?

I haven't personally tried it on Win2K, but I don't know of a reason
why it would not work.  Were there any error messages or some such
that would indicate what went wrong?  It'll be hard for me to
troubleshoot the problem without some more information.

>       And, I have file opening problem just as the Dr. Wang experienced.
> So, I using old version (1.2.9).

Are there any error messages in the console window when you have this
problem?

Unfortunately, I am not near my windows machine this week (I am at the
beamline!) so it may be a while before I can take a closer look at
Dr. Wang's data file.

--

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advanced Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel
 EXAFS software: http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/