[Ifeffit] problems in the current version of Artemis for Windows

scalvin at slc.edu scalvin at slc.edu
Sun Aug 12 20:50:30 CDT 2007

Hi Bruce (and others, if the spam filter lets this through),

At 10:36 AM 8/1/2007, you wrote:

1. The most serious bug is a scenario where Artemis simply hangs when
   you start it.
   In the current version, there is bug in the place where Artemis
   checks for abandoned projects, resulting in the behavior described
   above.  For now, the work-around is to close the Artemis console
   window then, using your file manager, look at this folder:
       C:\Program Files\Ifeffit\horae\stash\
   In that folder you should find several folders with names like
       artemis.project.0
       artemis.project.1
   and so on.  Toss each of those folders into the recycling bin and
   try starting Artemis.  It should work now.

I've found that I also have to remove the artemis.autosave file or it
still won't work. Rather than putting it in the recycle bin, I put it in
another folder, and then have Artemis open it as if it were a regular
project. Voila! I can still recover the project...

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College