[Ifeffit] sum path NAN?

M. Rovezzi rovezzi at esrf.fr
Fri Apr 20 15:08:27 CDT 2007

Quoting Bruce Ravel <bravel at anl.gov>:

> I don't quite understand this.  Would a screenshot or a clar project
> file help?

Bruce,

I use Ifeffit and Horae packages under Debian built by Carlo so launching
Artemis from the command line:

$artemis&

at each fit, during the minimization process, appear in the standard
output, that is in the shell where I executed the program many lines (one
for each path at each minimization step, if I well understand it) that
have this form:

sum path #1 #2 #3 #4

Where #* are real numbers and sometimes appears "NAN" that, as Matt said,
seems a division by zero or a log(-1). I'm trying to produce a project
file that will show the case when the minimization fall in all "NAN" and
the loop need to be killed to stop. I'll post it as soon as possible, but
in the meantime is useful to understand these numbers that appear in the
shell.

M.

--
Mauro Rovezzi <mauro.rovezzi at esrf.fr>
PhD Student - GILDA BM08 at ESRF (Grenoble, FR)