[Ifeffit] Platinum Rhenium EXAFS in Artemis

Anatoly Frenkel frenkel at bnl.gov
Mon Apr 16 10:51:47 CDT 2007

> I was also
> if its possible to use Athena or Artemis to extract the back-scattering
> properties of Pt and Re from reference samples, and use these properties
in
> fitting a Pt-Re path.

We did a similar procedure (extracting back scattering properties from
reference samples), although with FEFFIT, which is the predecessor of
IFEFFIT. It should be also done by IFEFFIT by back Fourier transforming the
reference samples and extracting amplitude and phases - they can then be
combined in the "corrected" EXAFS equation which can be fit to the data by
Artemis - with modified amplitude and phase factors. Here is the reference:

A. I. Frenkel, M. Vairavamurthy, and M. Newville,
A study of the coordination environment in aqueous cadmium-thiol complexes
by EXAFS spectroscopy: experimental vs. theoretical standards
J. Synchrotron Rad., 8 , 669-771 (2001).

The link to the PDF is here:
http://pubweb.bnl.gov/users/frenkel/www/EXP-FEFF/thiols.pdf

Anatoly